Research interest: Microwave photonics
Address: Room 408, Tsang Hin-Chi Science Building
Dr. Xinhuan Feng received the B.Sc degree at physics department of Nankai University in 1995, and obtained her M.Sc and Ph.D degrees respectively in 1998 and 2005 at Institute of Modern Optics, Nankai University, Tianjin, China.
From 2005 to 2008, she worked as a postdoctoral fellow at Photonics Research Centre of the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Since March 2009, she has been with the Institute of Photonics Technology, Jinan University, China. Her research interests include various fiber active and passive devices and their applications, and microwave photonic signal processing.
Xinhuan Feng is the principal investigator of seven projects. She has authored and coauthored more than 80 technical papers and serves as invited speakers of some international conferences.
1. Feng Li, Aiqin Zhang, Xinhuan Feng*, and P. K. A. Wai
“Frequency synchronization of Fourier domain harmonically mode locked fiber laser by monitoring the supermode noise peaks”
Optics Express, Vol. 21, No. 25, pp. 30255-30265,2013.
2. Aiqin Zhang, Yanbing Jin, Xinhuan Feng*, Jingjuan Zhou, Zhaohui Li, and Bai-ou Guan
“Multiwavelength narrow linewidth erbium-doped fiber laser based on FP-LDs”
Optics Express, Vol. 21, No. 14, pp. 16928-16933, 2013.
3. Aiqin Zhang, Xinhuan Feng*, Minggui Wan, Zhaohui Li, and Bai-ou Guan
“Tunable single frequency fiber laser based on FP-LD injection locking”
Optics Express, Vol. 21, No. 10, pp. 12874-12880,2013.
4. Xinhuan Feng*, Ruichen Tao, Yuan Cao, Zhaohui Li, and Bai-ou Guan
“Complex coefficient microwave photonic filter based on multiwavelength phase modulation and PM-to-AM conversion”
Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 110-113,2013.
5. Yuan Cao, Haiyan Shang, Xinhuan Feng*, Zhaohui Li, and Bai-ou Guan
“Investigation of microwave photonic filter based on multiwavelength phase modulation and spectral shaping”
Optical Engineering, Vol. 51, No. 11, pp. 115002, 1-6,2012.
6. Ruichen Tao, Xinhuan Feng*, Yuan Cao, Zhaohui Li, Bai-Ou Guan,
"Tunable microwave photonic notch filter and bandpass filter based on high-birefringence fiber-Bragg-grating-based Fabry–Pérot cavity",
IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 24, No. 20, pp. 1805 - 1808, October 15, 2012.
7. Ruichen Tao, Xinhuan Feng*, Yuan Cao, Zhaohui Li, Bai-Ou Guan,
"Widely tunable single bandpass microwave photonic filter based on phase modulation and stimulated Brillouin scattering",
IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 24, No. 13, pp. 1097-1099, July 1, 2012.
8. Feng Li, Xinhuan Feng, Huan Zheng, Chao Lu, Hwa-Yaw Tam, J. Nathan Kutz, and P.K.A Wai,
"Multiwavelength lasers with homogeneous gain and intensity-dependent loss",
Optics Communications, Vol. 284, No. 9, pp. 2327-2336, 2011.
9. Xinhuan Feng, Zhaohui Li, Bai-ou Guan,Chao Lu, Hwa-Yaw Tam, and P.K.A Wai,
"Switchable UWB pulse generation using a polarization maintaining fiber Bragg grating as frequency discriminator",
Optics Express,Vol.18 , No.4 ,pp.3643-3648,2010.
10. Xinhuan Feng, Hwa-Yaw Tam, Chao Lu, P.K.A Wai, and Bai-ou Guan,
"Multiwavelength erbium-dioed fiber laser employing cavity loss modulation",
IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol. 21, No. 18, pp. 1314-1316,2009